Table of contents:
- IVF programs are often an option to get a baby, and the level of success is quite high. Unfortunately, this pregnancy program requires a lot of money. If you and your partner are interested in trying it, understand first the reason why IVF is expensive
- The reason why IVF is expensive
2023 Author: Autumn Gilbert | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-09-01 21:42
IVF programs are often an option to get a baby, and the level of success is quite high. Unfortunately, this pregnancy program requires a lot of money. If you and your partner are interested in trying it, understand first the reason why IVF is expensive
IVF or in vitro fertilization (IVF) is a procedure for combining eggs and sperm outside the body or in the laboratory in order to produce a fetus (embryo).
IVF procedures are generally effective for producing pregnancy for couples who have fertility disorders. Well, the process itself involves the use of advanced technology and complex procedures that need to be lived by the couple.
Various factors, including costs, are often considered by some couples to take part in the IVF program. Not a few people also question why the IVF program is expensive.
The reason why IVF is expensive
Costs that need to be incurred to follow the IVF program are usually around 30-70 million. These costs vary, depending on the hospital and the care that needs to be lived.
Although it can be different in each hospital or fertility clinic, the IVF procedure cycle usually lasts around 4-6 weeks. The cycle includes the stimulation of ovaries (ovaries), taking eggs, administration of fertility drugs, fertilization and transfer of embryos into the uterus, to pregnancy tests.
The level of success is also influenced by several factors, such as age, causes of infertility, and the initial condition of the egg, whether the egg cells are fresh or have been frozen.
Because it involves complex procedures, sophisticated technology, and not a short time, it's no wonder that IVF requires quite expensive costs.
Before starting the IVF program, there are several steps that you and your partner need to live, namely:
- Pre-IVF fertility consultation
- Reproductive organs examination
- Sperm examination
- Urine and blood tests, including examination of AMH hormone levels
- Examination of sexually transmitted infections and other infectious diseases
- Genetic examination
- Approval of IVF program form
In general, IVF procedures include the following steps:
- Giving birth control pills to control the menstrual cycle time, control care, and maximize egg maturation
- Ovarian stimulation with hormone injections to increase the number of mature eggs
- Take some eggs using needles and special suction devices
- The process of fertilizing the egg with sperm cells in the laboratory which will later form a fetus or embryo if the fertilization process is successful
- If the number of eggs is too much, some eggs can be frozen for use in the process of fertilization at another time
- Monitoring the development of embryos for 4-6 days
- The most suitable selection of embryos to be moved to the womb
- The process of transferring embryos to the uterus that can take a long time and usually requires the help of hormone injections to prepare the uterus to accept the embryo
- Blood test to determine whether pregnancy occurs or not about 14 days after the transfer of embryos
Well, that's an explanation why the cost of an IVF is expensive. If you are unsuccessful in one IVF program cycle, chances are you need to repeat the steps, and of course this requires another cost.
If the IVF program that you live is successful, don't forget to prepare the equipment needed for babies, ranging from diapers, swaddling, to telon oil.
So that the sacrifice and expensive costs incurred for IVF programs are not in vain, you and your partner are encouraged to consult with a doctor further about what ways can be done to increase the success of IVF.
Lately, the news about the mysterious acute hepatitis caused concern for many people. He said, this disease is classified as dangerous because it can cause death. To find out more about why this disease is dangerous, let's look at the following article Hepatitis is a term for inflammation of the liver.
When you're in a bad mood or when you're stressed, try exercising. This activity can help you improve your mood for the better, you know. How could that be? Well, if you want to know why exercise can improve your mood, let's see the explanation in this article Exercise is part of a he althy lifestyle.
Have you ever had a deep talk? Deep talk is not just an ordinary conversation, but an in-depth communication that has many benefits. Getting used to doing deep talks is good for your mental he alth and the people you talk to, you know Deep talk or deeper conversations are deep conversations that generally involve 2 people.
The fatigue that is often felt during pregnancy may make some pregnant women feel the need to drink energy drinks. In fact, this type of drink should be avoided by pregnant women. Why is that? An important reason why pregnant women need to completely avoid consuming energy drinks is the content in them.
Not many know that a fussy child can be caused by a stressed mother's condition. How come? Does it have anything to do with it? Instead of guessing the reason, let's see the explanation here Try it, think about it. When stressed, you may have felt that your little one's mood was also "