Table of contents:
- The increasing number of cases of severe acute hepatitis in children with no known cause has made parents feel anxious and panicked. In order to better anticipate it, let's get to know more about the symptoms and steps to prevent severe acute hepatitis in children
- Facts About Severe Acute Hepatitis Cases in Children with Unknown Cause
- Recognizing the Symptoms of Severe Acute Hepatitis in Children with Unknown Cause
- Steps for Handling and Prevention of Severe Acute Hepatitis in Children with Unknown Cause
2023 Author: Autumn Gilbert | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 07:39
The increasing number of cases of severe acute hepatitis in children with no known cause has made parents feel anxious and panicked. In order to better anticipate it, let's get to know more about the symptoms and steps to prevent severe acute hepatitis in children
Acute hepatitis is an acute inflammatory condition of the liver which is usually caused by infection with the hepatitis virus. There are several types of acute hepatitis viruses, namely hepatitis A, B, C, and E. In addition to infection, acute hepatitis can also occur due to exposure to chemicals, drugs, genetic disorders, or immune system disorders.
Even so, the cause of severe acute hepatitis, which is currently attacking children, is not yet known for certain. This condition is classified as rare, so the world he alth agency or WHO has designated severe acute hepatitis with no known cause as an extraordinary event or outbreak.
Facts About Severe Acute Hepatitis Cases in Children with Unknown Cause
Before knowing more about cases of severe acute hepatitis in children whose cause is not clear, first know some facts about the following case journey:
- The first case was discovered in England on April 5, 2022.
- There are 11 countries in Europe and America reporting similar cases with a total of 169 cases.
- About 10% of these cases required liver transplantation and at least 1 case of death was reported.
This mysterious case of severe acute hepatitis usually attacks children aged 1 month to 16 years. In Indonesia, so far there have been 3 cases of pediatric patients who died allegedly due to severe acute hepatitis without a known cause.
Investigations are still ongoing to determine the virus that causes severe acute hepatitis that is attacking children. However, it should be emphasized again that this rare severe acute hepatitis is not caused by viruses that cause hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E.
Although the exact cause of severe acute hepatitis in children is not known, WHO said that it was initially thought to be caused by an adenovirus, which generally attacks the digestive and respiratory tracts.
Recognizing the Symptoms of Severe Acute Hepatitis in Children with Unknown Cause
To increase awareness of severe acute hepatitis in children, parents are advised to recognize the initial symptoms.
The following are some of the early symptoms of acute hepatitis that usually appear:
- stomach ache
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
Besides that, there are also some advanced symptoms that can be experienced by children, including:
- Urine is thick like tea
- Pale white stools
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Loss of consciousness or fainting
Steps for Handling and Prevention of Severe Acute Hepatitis in Children with Unknown Cause
There are several steps for handling severe acute hepatitis in children that are important for parents to implement, including:
- If the child shows signs of early symptoms, try not to panic and immediately check the child to the nearest he alth facility for help.
- Don't wait for further symptoms to appear to be taken to a he alth facility to avoid complications.
- If a child faints, immediately take him to a hospital that has pediatric ICU facilities.
Efforts to prevent severe acute hepatitis in children that can be done are to maintain personal hygiene and the environment around the child. There are several ways to prevent transmission of acute hepatitis whose cause is unknown, namely:
- Diligently wash your hands with soap and running water.
- Make sure the food consumed by the child is cooked and hygienic.
- Make sure children don't share cutlery with others.
- Immediately dispose of disposable diapers in their place.
- Take care of children to avoid direct contact with sick people.
- Keep your house and environment clean.
- Use a mask when traveling.
- Keep your distance from other people.
- Avoid crowds or crowds.
Those are some important things that every parent needs to understand in responding to cases of severe acute hepatitis in children whose cause is not yet known. It is also important to note that there is no evidence that this disease is caused by COVID-19 vaccination in children.
Because most of the children affected by acute hepatitis have not received the COVID-19 vaccine. So, don't fall for the fake news circulating, OK? If you're still confused or have questions, it's best to ask your doctor directly to get a valid answer.
Acute hepatitis is a disease that is quite commonly found throughout the world, including in Indonesia. Symptoms that arise from this condition are sometimes not detected, so it is often overlooked. To find out more what acute hepatitis is, let's look at the following article Hepatitis is an inflammatory disease and abnormalities in the liver that causes disruption of liver function.
It is important for every parent to find out how to transmit mysterious acute hepatitis. This type of unknown hepatitis is known to attack children aged 1 month to 16 years. By understanding how to transmit it, you can also be more aware of this disease Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver caused by hepatitis virus infections or certain medical conditions.
It is important for every parent to recognize the early symptoms of mysterious acute hepatitis in children. That way, the child can immediately get the right medical treatment and avoid the possibility of acute hepatitis getting worse Mysterious acute hepatitis is known to affect children aged 1 month to 16 years.
Lately, the news about the mysterious acute hepatitis caused concern for many people. He said, this disease is classified as dangerous because it can cause death. To find out more about why this disease is dangerous, let's look at the following article Hepatitis is a term for inflammation of the liver.
Mysterious acute hepatitis, which is known to infect many children and has spread to various countries, including Indonesia, has sparked new concerns in the community. Therefore, to protect children and relatives from this condition, it is important to know the right way to prevent acute hepatitis Acute hepatitis is inflammation of the liver or liver that lasts less than 6 months.