Table of contents:
Almost everyone wants to have a slim body and a flat stomach. To make it happen, not even a few people are willing to spend big by undergoing surgery. In fact, there are many natural ways to reduce belly fat that you can try
In principle, the more calories that enter the body, the more physical activity or exercise that needs to be done so that these calories are not stored as fat in the body.
Actually how to shrink the stomach is not difficult to do. As long as it's done regularly and consistently, a he althy, balanced diet accompanied by exercise is the main key to losing weight and getting a flat stomach.
Easy Steps to Lose Stomach Naturally
So that your dream of getting a slim stomach can come true, try the following ways to reduce your stomach:
1. Don't miss breakfast
For the sake of a slim stomach, some people choose to reduce their daily calorie intake by not eating breakfast. In fact, skipping breakfast will only make your body feel weak and your appetite will increase during the day.
In addition to making you more energetic throughout the day, breakfast also helps you reduce the urge to snack until lunch time arrives. Choose a he althy breakfast menu, such as boiled eggs, bananas, yogurt, smoothies from vegetables and fruit, or drink warm green tea in the morning with a few biscuits.
2. Portion control
Eating small portions but often is also effective for shrinking the stomach. You can start by reducing the portion you eat at least half of the usual portion.
3. Increase your intake of fiber and protein
Increasing the consumption of foods rich in fiber and high in protein can keep you full longer, control your appetite, and prevent the accumulation of fat in your stomach.
Some types of food that are a source of fiber are wheat, oatmeal, and fruits and vegetables, such as avocados, apples, mustard greens, mangoes, guavas, and cabbage. While food sources of protein include lean meat, fish, eggs, and nuts.
4. Reduce intake of simple carbohydrates and processed foods
Another natural way to reduce belly fat is a low-carb diet. Avoid simple carbohydrates, such as sugary foods and drinks, starchy foods, and fast food, because they can increase belly fat.
Instead, choose foods that contain complex carbohydrates. In addition, don't forget to drink enough water and avoid consuming foods that contain lots of s alt (sodium/sodium).
5. Replace bad fat intake with good fat
In addition to increasing belly fat, saturated fat intake is also not good for heart he alth. Avoid consumption of oily foods and limit consumption of dairy products that are high in fat, such as cheese and margarine. Instead, you can eat fish, avocado, and nuts.
6. Exercise routine and discipline
Regular exercise for at least 30 minutes every day is an effective way to shrink the stomach naturally. Types of exercise that you can do include walking, jogging, aerobics, yoga, pilates, and cardio.
Besides that, you can also try some exercises to reduce belly fat, such as:
This movement aims to tighten your abdominal muscles. The way to do this is as follows:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Put your hands on your chest or behind your head.
- Slowly lift your body towards your knees until your shoulders are raised about 8 cm off the floor.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower your body slowly.
- Do this move 12 times.
Bicycle Sit - up
This movement aims to tighten both sides of the abdominal muscles. The trick is:
- Lie down with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Put your palms behind your head.
- Pull the left knee towards the chest while lifting the body until the left knee meets the elbow of the right arm.
- Do it on the other side alternately 12-15 times (counting 1 set), up to 2-3 sets.
The purpose of this movement is to tone the abdominal muscles and lower back muscles. How:
- Keep your body straight and face down towards the floor resting on your elbows, forearms and toes.
- Keep your legs and body straight and your hips raised, so that your head and heels are in a straight line.
- Make sure your shoulders should be perpendicular to your elbows and tighten your abs.
- Take a breath and hold this position for 5-10 seconds, then slowly lower your body to the floor. Repeat this position 8-10 times.
To make your he althy diet and exercise more effective in reducing your stomach, live a he althy lifestyle, including getting enough sleep every night, not smoking, and dealing with stress well.
Another thing that needs to be understood is that this method of shrinking the stomach takes time. Therefore, you need to do it patiently and not give up quickly because you don't see the results right away.
If you have certain medical conditions, it is advisable to consult a doctor first before doing how to reduce stomach naturally, either with exercise or diet. This is important to prevent the occurrence of risks that can affect your he alth condition.