Table of contents:
- Psychosocial Aspects in Child Friendly Schools
- He alth Aspects in Child Friendly Schools
- Efforts to Create Child-Friendly Schools
The establishment of child-friendly schools is important to start to ensure a safe educational environment. It is intended that violent behavior in schools, whether committed by adults to students or fellow students, is expected to decrease or disappear
Based on data from the Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI), violent behavior in schools is still common. Violence in educational institutions does not only occur at the middle and high school levels, but also at the elementary school level, even in kindergarten.
To avoid violence in schools, it is necessary to create child-friendly schools with several important aspects that must be considered.
Psychosocial Aspects in Child Friendly Schools
Child-friendly schools need to pay attention to the emotional he alth of the people involved, without exception. Good social interactions and relationships at school will help children's emotional and intellectual development.
If these conditions can be realized, then bullying, sexual harassment, and violent behavior on students can be avoided. Viewed from the psychosocial aspect, there are several aspects that must be met by child-friendly schools, including:
- Emphasis values and education that prioritizes the importance of cooperation, not just competition to get the best ranking
- Giving opportunities for creativity
- Facilitate good relationship and communication between teachers, students, and parents
- Creating a warm, friendly environment, and emphasizing mutual respect
- Prevent corporal punishment, intimidation, harassment, and violence, through policies or regulations in schools
- Providing equal opportunities to every student regardless of gender, race, and religion
He alth Aspects in Child Friendly Schools
Efforts to create child-friendly schools will not succeed if they do not pay attention to the he alth element. For that, schools need to take the following steps:
- Ensuring a he althy and hygienic learning environment, marked by the availability of adequate clean water supply facilities, good school and classroom environment sanitation, as well as proper policies and facilities for he alth service providers in schools (UKS)
- Providing good protection to protect children from the dangers of physical, mental and sexual abuse
- Encouraging the creation of physical and psychological he alth of students and teachers in schools.
- Providing a positive learning experience for students at school
Efforts to Create Child-Friendly Schools
In addition to building a conducive environment as described above, child-friendly schools should also involve the surrounding environment.
The following points can be used as a reference to see if the school is child-friendly or not:
- Schools encourage the role of families as primary caregivers and educators. In a child-friendly school, there must be good cooperation and relationships between students, parents or guardians, and teachers.
- The school pays full attention to the education and development of students. In this case, schools need to encourage their students to participate in all learning activities and activities at school. The school has good social relations with the surrounding community.
Child-friendly schools are everyone's dream. To make this happen, schools must ensure that every child is in a safe environment, both physically and emotionally.
Therefore, it requires the involvement of all parties, including the students themselves, teachers, doctors and psychologists in schools, parents or guardians of students, as well as the community and the government.