Table of contents:
DHF mosquitoes live and breed in water reservoirs. These mosquitoes also like to live in dark and damp places. By knowing the habits and habitats of mosquitoes, dengue fever can be eradicated properly
Dengue fever is generally spread through Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. This dengue fever mosquito can be recognized by the white mottled pattern around its body and legs.
The female Aedes mosquito transmits the dengue virus that causes dengue fever to humans through its tiny bites into the skin. They need blood to produce eggs.
Dwelling Fever Mosquito
Aedes mosquitoes like tropical climates with high rainfall and hot and humid temperatures, like Indonesia. They live and breed in places where there is a lot of water or water reservoirs, such as sewers, vases or plant pots, pet drinking places, swimming pools, or trash cans.
This female dengue fever mosquito likes to spend her life in or around the house and can fly an average of 400 meters.
The dengue fever mosquito is most active in search of prey about 2 hours after sunrise and several hours before sunset. They can also bite at night in well-lit locations.
Besides humans, A. aegypti and A. albopictus mosquitoes can also bite dogs and other domesticated mammals.
Eradicate Dengue Fever Mosquito Nest
Dengue fever can be prevented by eradicating the habitat or nest of the Aedes aegypti mosquito. Some ways to eradicate dengue fever mosquitoes are:
- Drain and clean a place that can be used as a water reservoir at least once a week
- Closing water reservoirs tightly so that mosquitoes cannot enter to lay eggs and breed
- Recycling used goods that have the potential to become breeding grounds for dengue fever mosquitoes
- Keeping fish that eat mosquito larvae
- Using air conditioning (AC) if available
- Repair drains, gutters, or septic tanks that are not smooth or cracked
- Install mosquito nets in ventilation holes, windows and doors to prevent dengue fever mosquitoes from entering the house
- Sprinkling of mosquito larvae-killing larvicide powder in water reservoirs that are difficult to clean
- Planting mosquito-repelling plants, such as lemongrass and lavender
- Put clothes in closed containers
In addition to eradicating dengue mosquito habitat, you can also avoid mosquito bites by applying mosquito repellent to your skin and wearing a shirt and long pants.
Let's prevent dengue fever mosquitoes from breeding by diligently cleaning the house. In addition, try to apply the advice in accordance with the habits of dengue fever mosquitoes to prevent contracting dengue fever.
If you experience signs of dengue fever, such as severe headache, pain behind the eyes, sudden high fever, muscle and joint pain, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, rash, nosebleed or bleeding gums, you should check yourself to the nearest hospital.
If the fever you are experiencing has also been happening for more than 3 days, you should consult a doctor to get the appropriate treatment.