Table of contents:
When the body feels weak, of course you are not enthusiastic to do various activities. In the medical world, weakness of the body is called asthenia. This condition occurs when the strength of the body decreases, so you have to spend extra energy to move
Usually a weak body attacks certain areas of the body, such as the arms and legs. Sometimes, people with weakness will experience tremors, difficulty moving body parts, and feel twitches in the weak area.
Not infrequently, this condition can spread throughout the body, so you can't do anything.
Causes of Weak Body
In general, the condition of a weak body can be divided into two, namely a weak body due to psychological problems and a weak body due to physical problems.
Body weakness due to psychological factors occurs due to psychological or psychiatric disorders suffered. Here are some examples of causes of psychological weakness in the body:
- Anxiety disorder
- In a state of mourning
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia
Meanwhile, the body is weak due to physical problems caused by certain disorders in the body, such as:
- Sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea, or sleeping too long
- Losing a lot of blood during menstruation
- Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia)
- Low thyroid hormone levels (hypothyroidism)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Diabetes type 2
- Heart failure
- Allergic rhinitis
- Habit of consuming alcohol
- Side effects of drugs, such as cold medicine, allergy medicine, sedatives, and anesthetics
How to make a weak body re-energize?
The doctor will perform several tests to determine the cause of your weakness, including a physical examination plus supporting examinations consisting of blood tests, urine tests, and CT-scans or MRI scans.
After knowing the cause, the doctor can determine the type of treatment to be given. The following types of handling can be performed:
Doctors can give iron supplements if the body is weak due to anemia, give blood transfusions if there is bleeding, or do chemotherapy if the weakness is caused by cancer.
If the body is weak due to psychological problems, the doctor can refer the sufferer to consult and get further help with a psychiatrist.
3. He althy lifestyle
The condition of the limp body can be restored in several ways, such as:
- Enough sleep, at least 7 hours every night
- Exercise regularly
- Quit smoking
- Reduce drinking alcohol
- Just drink water
- Reducing sugar intake
- Consuming food with balanced nutrition
- Socializing with other people
Immediately consult a doctor if you experience weakness accompanied by other symptoms, such as:
- Sudden fatigue
- Feeling very tired for months
- Weakness doesn't get better after resting
- Numbness in certain body parts
- Difficulty moving limbs
- Unable to smile and make facial expressions
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling confused
- Sudden loss of vision
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness, fainting, or coma
If you often experience weakness and do not know the exact cause, you should consult a doctor further. It could be that you have a chronic disease that requires treatment as early as possible.