Table of contents:
- Various Signs of Boredom in a Relationship
- The Cause of Saturation in Relationships
- How to Overcome Saturation in a Relationship
In the early days, a relationship with a partner must be fun and exciting. However, over time, how come it feels boring, huh? Well, if you experience this, calm down, okay? How come there are ways you can do to overcome your boredom
Being in a relationship with someone for a long time, whether in a relationship or marriage, is not always easy. One of the problems that are often encountered in long-standing relationships is the feeling of saturation that hit.
You need to know, feeling bored with a relationship that has lasted a long time is actually a human thing, really. Because, as humans, we have an innate need for variety and new things. Even so, that doesn't mean that boredom in a relationship can be taken lightly, doesn't it.
Feeling bored or bored is a sign that there are some things that need to be considered or even changed in your relationship, because if allowed to drag on, boredom in the relationship can trigger more serious problems, such as infidelity.
Various Signs of Boredom in a Relationship
The following are some signs that may appear if you or your partner are feeling bored with the relationship you are in:
- No longer interested in partner's life, feelings or interests
- Unable to enjoy time spent with partner
- Feeling happier or happier when spending time with other people, rather than a partner
- Feeling uncomfortable or unhappy when thinking about the future of your relationship
- Feeling that you have nothing in common with your partner
- It's hard to find a topic of conversation with a partner
- Often feel annoyed with partner for no apparent reason
The Cause of Saturation in Relationships
There are several things that can cause boredom in your relationship with your partner, namely:
- Does not have the same goals or interests as partner
- No meaningful or deep communication
- Do not have each other's hobbies or interests outside of a relationship
- Sacrificing one's own interests, likes, or ideals for the sake of the relationship
- Doing a monotonous routine or that's all with a partner
- Underestimating the relationship, for example by no longer having the desire to spend time together or not discussing the problems that exist with your partner
How to Overcome Saturation in a Relationship
Well, so that the problem of boredom with relationships doesn't drag on, you can apply the following ways to deal with it:
1. Communicate feelings to each other
If you are bored with the relationship you are in, the first thing you need to do is to communicate it with your partner. This is because communication is one of the keys to a successful relationship.
Be honest with your partner about your current feelings and desires. Then, ask your partner to do the same. That way, you and your partner can both think of a solution that best suits the cause of boredom in your relationship.
2. Change mindset
When feeling bored with a relationship, someone will usually tend to see things that are not good from the relationship or their partner. In fact, it may not be that big, when compared to the positive things that exist.
Therefore, try to think about what positive things or advantages your partner has, and start to focus on those positive things, not the other way around.
3. Change routine with partner
As mentioned earlier, one of the causes of boredom in relationships is monotonous routine. So, if you are bored with your relationship, try changing your daily routine by doing new things with your partner.
Research says that doing activities together can be an effective way to combat boredom in a relationship. So, there are a few things you can try, namely looking for new TV shows or movies to watch together, exercise, or travel together.
Then, you can also make a journal containing photos of your favorite memories with your partner. This is useful for reminding you of good times or good memories with him.
You need to remember, every relationship has its ups and downs. So, most importantly, no matter how big the problem is, try to keep you and your partner together trying to maintain your relationship.
If you have done the tips above but the boredom in the relationship does not go away, you should consult with a psychologist, yes, to get the right advice.
Psychologists may advise you and your partner to do relationship counseling. This is useful for strengthening and increasing satisfaction with the relationship you are in.