Table of contents:
Not only refreshing, drinking cold water is also said to help weight loss, you know. This is because drinking cold water is believed to make the body burn more calories. Is that right? Let's look at the facts in this article
Basically, drinking lots of water is indeed beneficial for weight loss. The reason is, by drinking water, especially before eating, it can help you reduce your appetite and make you full faster.
Facts of Drinking Cold Water Burn More Calories
The idea that drinking cold water can lose weight because it burns more calories is actually not entirely wrong, you know. A study says, drinking a glass of cold water can burn about 8 calories more than drinking room temperature water.
This can happen because when drinking cold water, the body will expend more energy to adjust the temperature of the water consumed with body temperature. In addition, when consuming adequate amounts of water, the metabolism in the body also increases due to the process of thermogenesis.
However, the difference in the number of calories burned after drinking cold water is actually not that significant when compared to drinking warm water or room temperature water.
If the pattern and type of food consumed are also not adjusted and only rely on cold water consumption, the weight loss target will be difficult to achieve.
Effective Ways to Lose Weight
As mentioned earlier, to lose weight effectively is not enough just to rely on drinking cold water alone. In addition, one thing that needs to be observed is not to neglect your he alth just because you are focused on pursuing weight loss.
To lose weight in a he althier and more effective way, there are several things you can do, namely:
- Set realistic weight loss goals or goals. Don't overdo it and risk harming your he alth.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day and make it a habit to drink a glass of water before every meal.
- Eat foods high in protein, such as fish, egg whites, or chicken breasts.
- Eat foods high in fiber, such as vegetables and fruits.
- Practice good eating habits, for example by eating slowly and don't skip meals.
- Avoid consumption of foods and drinks high in sugar, such as candy, packaged chocolate, soda, or packaged tea.
- Do sports according to your ability regularly. You can choose the type of exercise you like, such as jogging, brisk walking, cycling, swimming, or even strength-focused sports, such as planks, push-ups, and pull-ups.
Remember, to get maximum results, efforts to lose weight must be done consistently. Also, don't just focus on quick weight loss, because they are usually prone to gaining weight again and actually cause he alth problems later on.
If you find it difficult to lose weight or are confused about which weight loss method best suits your condition, don't hesitate to consult a doctor, OK.