Table of contents:
- The New Normal Guide That Business Owners Must Obey
- For Workers or Employees, Apply This Rule After PSBB
In the near future, the PSBB (Large-Scale Social Restrictions) rules will be relaxed. Even so, there are several things that business owners and employees need to pay attention to to prevent the spread of the Corona virus at work and on the way to and from work
After undergoing quarantine at home for approximately 2 months, Indonesian people will now be faced with a new normal lifestyle. Unlike the PSBB rules, this new pattern will allow us to return to our normal activities, including going to the office to work, but with new rules.
Besides at work, adaptation of new habits is also applied on holidays, such as Eid al-Adha.
The New Normal Guide That Business Owners Must Obey
The Indonesian Ministry of He alth has issued a new normal protocol for business owners, be it small businesses, offices, or industrial factories. With this regulation, it is hoped that the national economic recovery as well as preventing the transmission of the Corona virus can go hand in hand.
If you are a business owner, here are things you must obey in the new normal era after PSBB:
- Always follow the development of information and government regulations regarding COVID-19 in your field and business area.
- Form a COVID-19 handling team at work.
- Determine employees who can work from home and employees who need to come to work.
- Report employees who show symptoms of COVID-19 so that he alth workers can monitor them.
- Do not discriminate, ostracize, or demean employees who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
In addition, business owners also need to do the following to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in the workplace:
- Do a COVID-19 risk check on employees to prevent employees infected with the Corona virus from coming to the office.
- No night shift or work from night to morning.
- If it is impossible to cancel the night shift, arrange for night shift workers to be employees who are under 50 years old and do not belong to the group that is vulnerable to the Corona virus.
- Request employees to always wear masks from the trip to the office, while at work, and when returning home.
- Recommend a he althy diet to maintain employee endurance. If possible, give multivitamin and mineral supplements.
- Take a temperature measurement of the workers' body with a thermogun at the office entrance.
- Make sure the entire office area is clean and spray disinfectant every 4 hours on frequently touched objects, such as doorknobs, stair railings, elevator buttons, telephone receivers, and shared office equipment.
- Optimize air circulation and sunlight entering the workspace, and clean the AC filter regularly.
- Provide a hand sanitizer with a minimum alcohol content of 70%.
- Provide hand washing facilities, namely soap and running water, and make sure employees know how to wash their hands properly.
- Set a minimum distance of 1 meter between employees for each work activity.
- Make sure employees do not share the use of personal utensils, such as cutlery and utensils for worship.
- Educate all employees regarding cough etiquette, prevention of COVID-19, and how to maintain he alth.
For Workers or Employees, Apply This Rule After PSBB
The Indonesian Ministry of He alth also makes guidelines for workers or employees to face the new normal era. In general, this guide is not much different from the basic steps to prevent transmission of the Corona virus.
The following are things that workers need to pay attention to during their commute to and from work:
- Before leaving for work, make sure you are in good he alth.
- Wear a mask.
- If possible, use a private vehicle to go to the office.
- Wear your own helmet if you ride a motorbike.
- If you use public transportation, try to pay non-cash.
- Keep 1 meter distance from other people.
- Don't touch your face or rub your eyes. If you have to, use clean tissue or wash your hands first with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
While in the office or workplace, make sure you always apply the following preventive measures:
- After arriving at the office, wash your hands immediately with soap and running water.
- Always wear a mask.
- Use your elbow to open the door and press the elevator button.
- Keep your distance from other people in the elevator with their backs to each other.
- Clean the workbench with disinfectant.
- Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer after touching shared office equipment, such as a photocopying machine.
- Implement physical distancing by keeping a distance of 1 meter from other people.
- Try not to shake hands.
When you get home, don't immediately relax or come into contact with family members at home. Immediately wash your hands, shower, and change into clean clothes, and immediately place the dirty clothes in the laundry basket. If necessary, also clean shoes, bags, or cellphones that you take outside the house, with a disinfectant spray.
The aim of this action is so that family members at home are not exposed to the Corona virus that may stick to your skin, clothes, or the things you carry.
The most important thing that should not be missed is to make sure you always maintain your immune system by eating he althy foods, getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and avoiding stress.
If you feel unwell, you should not go to the office and rest at home. Likewise if there are family members at home who are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
You can take advantage of the online consultation facility with a doctor through the ALODOKTER application to get advice on the appropriate treatment and what actions you need to take.