Table of contents:
Acne is a very common skin problem experienced by many people. Not only on the face, acne can also appear on the back, chest, and even neck. Currently, there are many cleansing soap products made specifically for acne-prone skin, including those containing t hymol and t erpineol
Acne can occur when the skin pores are clogged with oil, dead skin cells, dirt, or bacteria. However, you don't need to worry too much, because acne can be treated with proper care and medication.
Facial cleansing soap is an important part of skin care. Today, many facial cleansing soap products use active compounds from plant extracts to nourish the skin. Examples are thymol and terpineol compounds.
The Benefits of T hymol and T erpineol to Cure Acne
Thymol is the active compound of thyme leaf extract, which is one of the herbal plants from the mint family. Research proves that thymol has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that are useful for cleaning skin pores from bacteria that cause acne, so the risk of acne can be reduced.
In addition to thymol, there are also terpineol compounds that can be found in thyme essential oil, tea tree essential oil, and geranium essential oil. Terpineol is known for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which have been shown to be able to heal irritated and inflamed skin more quickly.
In order for acne healing to be more effective, you can try a treatment soap product that contains thymol and terpineol. The combination of these two compounds is often called Thymo-T essence.
With these two compounds, it is hoped that the skin will become he althier and cleaner from dirt and bacteria, and also free from inflammation. This allows the pimple to heal faster and prevents the growth of new pimples.
Other Ways to Cure Acne
Thymol and terpineol can indeed be the right weapon to cure acne. However, thorough skin he alth and hygiene should not be forgotten. Here are the basic techniques for acne skin care:
- Avoid touching and squeezing pimples.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
- Avoid cleaning your face with a rough sponge or cloth
- Clean your face 2 times a day with facial cleansing soap, namely in the morning after waking up and at night before going to bed.
- Use a moisturizer to protect your skin from dehydration, especially if you are taking acne medications that can dry out your skin.
- Wash your face with clean water every time you sweat.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher that says "broad-spectrum", for protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- Use water-based make-up or make-up labeled non-comedogenic.
Although thymol and terpineol have been proven beneficial for acne healing, you also have to be careful in choosing facial cleansing soap or facial care products. Not all ingredients in facial care products are suitable for your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin.
If you are confused or unsure about choosing the right product to cure acne, you should consult a dermatologist. That way, the doctor can provide acne treatment according to your skin condition.