Table of contents:
Nausea is one of the most common complaints experienced by pregnant women. To overcome this, there are several ways to get rid of nausea during pregnancy that you can try. This method can be chosen to overcome nausea during pregnancy, especially when nausea has interfered with the daily activities of pregnant women
Although it is known as morning sickness, this nausea and vomiting does not only occur in the morning. Nausea, which is usually accompanied by vomiting and dizziness, is caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy and can occur during the day or night.
Nausea during pregnancy usually starts early in pregnancy and reaches its peak around the 9th week. Nausea will gradually subside after passing 12 weeks of pregnancy.
How to Get Rid of Nausea During Pregnancy
Nausea during pregnancy can be very annoying. In addition to causing discomfort, this complaint can also make pregnant women often vomit and feel a decrease in appetite.
However, pregnant women need not be afraid. There are several ways to deal with nausea naturally based on when the nausea appears, namely:
Get rid of morning sickness
When you just wake up, try to wake up slowly and give it about 20-30 minutes before getting out of bed. In order not to be in a hurry when doing activities in the morning, try to wake up earlier so that pregnant women have more time to prepare.
Pregnant women can also keep he althy snacks beside the bed. This is done so that pregnant women can immediately fill an empty stomach without having to bother going to the kitchen or cooking. Pregnant women can also consume ginger tea or water to relieve nausea.
In addition to food and drinks, pregnant women can also relieve nausea in the morning by listening to music that pregnant women like. Music can help pregnant women to be calmer and distracted from the annoying nausea.
Relieve nausea during the day
The following are some ways pregnant women can do to relieve nausea that appears during the day:
- Try to eat lunch in small portions, but often so that the stomach is not empty.
- Eat foods high in protein and B vitamins, such as nuts, as well as high-carbohydrate and low-fat foods, such as rice, bread, biscuits, and pasta. Avoid strong-smelling foods or drinks because they can make nausea worse.
- Drink water often so you don't get dehydrated during pregnancy.
- Inhale the smell of lemon or add a slice of lemon to tea or water (infused water).
- Consumption of mint candy, because the taste and aroma can relieve nausea.
- Take time to rest between activities.
- Don't take a nap after eating, because it can make nausea during pregnancy worse.
Relieve nausea at night
At night, pregnant women are advised to avoid spicy, oily, fatty, and sour foods. In addition, get enough rest by sleeping at night earlier. Enough rest is important for pregnant women to stay energized during activities.
If pregnant women happen to wake up in the middle of the night, try eating some snacks.
Another alternative to get rid of nausea during pregnancy is to inhale aromatherapy, such as lavender, ginger, and peppermint oils. However, if aromatherapy actually causes nausea or vomiting to worsen, then stop using it immediately.
In addition, yoga for pregnant women can also be an option. Some yoga poses can help pregnant women feel more relaxed and comfortable, so that complaints of nausea and vomiting can be reduced.
Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy is a normal condition. However, pregnant women need to be vigilant if nausea and vomiting are accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Vomiting blood.
- The body feels weak, dizzy, or feels like passing out when standing up.
- Not urinating for more than 8 hours and pain when urinating.
- Urine is dark in color or has blood in it.
- Can't eat or drink for 24 hours.
- Weight lost more than 1 kg in a week.
- Vomiting is severe and doesn't stop.
If the above methods of eliminating nausea during pregnancy do not reduce symptoms or get worse, consult a gynecologist so that complaints of nausea during pregnancy can be immediately addressed with the right treatment