Table of contents:
Everyone is at risk for kidney disease, especially if their lifestyle is not well organized. But actually there are some simple steps you can take as a way to prevent kidney disease
Kidney is an organ that functions to filter out metabolic wastes and toxins that are not needed by the body. When you have kidney disease, this function will not work properly. That's why it's important to keep your kidneys he althy.
This is a Simple Way to Prevent Kidney Disease
Kidney disease can be caused by many things, including infections, autoimmune diseases, and metabolic diseases, such as hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol. In fact, to prevent kidney disease, simple steps can be taken, including:
1. Maintain kidney he alth
Some ways that can be done to maintain kidney he alth, namely:
- Drink enough water, at least 8-10 glasses per day. Then as much as possible limit the consumption of alcohol and soft drinks.
- Quit smoking. Smoking and exposure to cigarette smoke can damage the function of various organs in the body, including the kidneys.
- Sleep well. Adequate rest by sleeping 6-8 hours a day is needed so that the body and the organs in it, including the kidneys, stay he althy.
- Keep an ideal body weight. One of them is by exercising or doing physical activity regularly.
- Avoid taking drugs outside of the doctor's advice and supervision, especially if the drug is consumed in large doses or in the long term.
2. Do regular checkups if you have certain diseases
Hypertension and diabetes are diseases that often cause complications in the form of kidney disease. If you have these diseases, it is recommended that you have regular checkups with your doctor, to monitor the progress of these two diseases and prevent kidney disease.
In addition, when experiencing hypertension and diabetes, it is highly recommended to limit the consumption of foods containing sugar and s alt.
3. Limit certain foods
When someone has started to experience a decline in kidney function, to prevent further deterioration of kidney function, the following food choices should be limited:
- Canned food.
- S alted fish.
- Brown rice.
- Dairy products or dairy products, such as cheese and yogurt.
- Processed meat.
- Wheat bread.
In addition, recognize the early symptoms of kidney disease, such as a very small amount of urine production, swelling of the limbs, and pain in the lower back. Recognizing the various symptoms of kidney disease can help you get treatment as early as possible.
Let's prevent kidney disease with some of the simple ways described above. For those of you who are at risk of developing kidney disease because you have diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of kidney disease, adopt a he althy lifestyle and check with your doctor regularly, as recommended by your doctor.