Table of contents:
How to shrink lips can be done from using cosmetic tricks to undergoing aesthetic surgery. This surgery allows you to have your desired lip size for permanent results
Research reveals that plump lips give the impression of sexual attraction in both men and women. But some people feel that their lips are too big so they need to be treated to make them appear smaller.
If you are one of those who are not confident with the size of your lips, here are ways you can change the appearance of your lips, both medically and non-medically.
How about How to Tighten Lips Using Cosmetics?
Cosmetics can be used to disguise the shape of your big lips. Try doing the following steps.
- Use concealer on the upper and lower lip lines, just 1 mm wide enough to reduce the volume of your lips. Choose a concealer with a color that matches your facial skin to cover the color of your lip line.
- Blend concealer to your face so that the edges of your lips appear to blend naturally with your facial skin. Do not choose the wrong color because the effect will not give a natural impression to the lips because of the striking color difference.
- Use lipstick to color the inside of the lips, but avoid coloring from the edge of the lips that have been spiked. Choose a dark lipstick to make your lips appear smaller.
If you have got your dream lip shape with cosmetics, don't forget to take care of it. You can do how to care for your lips as follows.
- Apply lip balm before applying lipstick to retain moisture and protect it from the sun.
- Drink enough water to keep lips hydrated.
- Do not wet the lips using saliva because when the saliva dries, the lips will become even drier and need moisture.
Shrink Lips Through Beauty Surgery Procedure
Before deciding to undergo lip reduction surgery, pay attention to the following points.
Understand the risks
For those of you who are thinking about undergoing surgery, it is important to remember that this still carries risks, such as complications from anesthesia, excessive bleeding during surgery, nerve damage or damage to other parts of the mouth.Nerve damage can be temporary or permanent, and can cause pain or numbness. In addition, infection can also occur around the lips and the inside of the mouth.
Over a longer period of time, scar tissue may occur on the part that was operated on. Therefore, sometimes more surgery is needed to remove the scar tissue.
Don't just choose an expert
How to shrink lips through this surgery is done by a plastic surgeon. During the procedure, the doctor will first examine the condition of your lips. It is possible that the doctor did not recommend surgery because it was deemed unnecessary.
If you really have to do lip surgery, the doctor will check your medical history. The doctor will also explain what the process is like, including the risks that may be faced and how long the recovery period will be.
This series of procedures must be strictly executed. Therefore, you should not just choose an expert.
Understanding the recovery process
After the lip reduction surgery is complete, you will enter a recovery period. At this time, you should pay attention to the following points.
- Routinely gargling using antiseptic liquid to avoid infection in surgical scars.
- Avoid eating foods that taste very sour. Also prioritize soft-textured foods.
- When sleeping, keep your head higher than your body.
- Put off doing strenuous exercise first.
If something feels wrong or pain occurs in the lip area and its surroundings, please consult a doctor immediately.
Some people can experience irritation or allergies to certain ingredients contained in cosmetics. Be careful in choosing cosmetics for your face. If cosmetics are not enough to help your lips appear smaller, you may consider surgery.