Table of contents:
Face exercise may not be as popular as other body parts. However, you can try this technique to prevent the appearance of signs of aging and make your face look fresher. The movements are also quite easy and you can do them anytime and anywhere
Face exercise is a natural way to make the face he althier. Various movements in facial exercises are believed to increase blood circulation and oxygen as well as nutrient intake to the skin. That way, the face will look fresher and look younger.
Not only for beauty, facial exercises are also used as therapy for sufferers of Bell's palsy, stroke, and facial trauma that causes facial muscle paralysis.
How to do facial exercises
The facial exercises are very easy to do and only take a few minutes. The following are the steps for facial exercises with massage techniques that you can apply:
- Press the inner corner of the eye using the index finger for 30 seconds. Next, do a circular motion for 30 seconds and repeat in the opposite direction.
- Place the ring finger under the eyebrow close to the nose and gently tap the area while moving it up to the temple area. Continue tapping over the cheekbones to the inner corner of the eye for 30 seconds.
- In a smiling state, press three fingers under both eyebrows upwards and then close your eyes, and hold this position for 20 seconds. Then open your eyes and keep your fingers away from your face. Repeat this movement 3 times.
- With both index fingers, gently press the center of the forehead and move the fingers towards the temples repeatedly for 30 seconds.
- Keep your head up and place your finger under your chin. Next, press gently while moving towards the collarbone repeatedly for 30 seconds.
- Clench your left hand and place it under your jaw, then tilt your head and press your head into your fist for a few seconds. Repeat on the opposite side.
- In a sitting position, lean forward and hold your hands on your knees. Next, inhale deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth by sticking your tongue toward your chin. Repeat this series of movements 7 times.
- Put your finger on your forehead and start tapping your facial skin towards your jawline. Repeat this movement on the front of the neck and shoulders up to the back of the neck.
- Rub both palms until they feel warm. Next, cover your face with your hands and take a few deep breaths.
When doing facial massage and exercise, you are advised to do it gently and not too tight. In addition, you can also add almond oil when massaging your face and make sure your hands are clean before touching your face.
Various Myths About Facial Exercise
The main benefit of facial exercise is that it makes the face feel fresher and brighter due to increased blood flow and oxygen under the surface of the facial skin
However, there are some claims regarding the benefits of facial exercises that have not been proven true. Some of these facial gymnastics myths include:
Face gymnastics can make your face slim
Although some facial exercises are known to tighten muscles, that doesn't mean facial exercises can make your cheeks thin. In fact, to slim your face, you need to have a he althy diet accompanied by exercise to lose weight.
Face exercise can reduce wrinkles
Some people believe that doing facial exercises can reduce wrinkles. However, in reality, there are not enough studies that can prove that facial exercises can disguise wrinkles.
Doing facial exercises too often can actually make facial muscles work harder so that signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines, can appear faster and look clearer.
To reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the face, other ways are needed, ranging from avoiding excessive sun exposure, using sunscreen when outdoor activities, quitting smoking, to performing medical procedures, such as Botox injections and filler injections.
In addition to doing facial exercises, you also need to drink water, get enough sleep and eat he althy foods for the skin, such as foods that contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and antioxidants, to get he althy facial skin.
You can also consult a doctor to find out more information about facial exercises or get advice on other ways to nourish facial skin according to your he alth condition.