Table of contents:
- Types of Products and Ingredients of Rohto Eye Care
- What is Rohto
- Warning Before using Rohto Eye Care
- Dosage and Rules for Using Rohto Eye Care
- How to Use Rohto Eye Care Correctly
- Interaction of Rohto Eye Care with Other Drugs
- Side Effects and Dangers of Rohto Eye Care
Rohto Eye Care is an eye care product from Rohto. There are Rohto Eye Care products in the form of eye drops to treat red eyes due to mild irritation or dry eyes, there are also products to wash the eyes and lubricate contact lenses
Rohto Eye Care consists of several variants with different combinations of active ingredients, according to the intended use of the product. Rohto Eye Care products are sold freely in the market and can be obtained without a doctor's prescription.
Types of Products and Ingredients of Rohto Eye Care
The following are various Rohto Eye Care products in Indonesia:
1. Rohto Eye Drops for Red Eyes
Rohto's Eye Medicine
Rohto's eye medication is useful for treating red eyes due to minor irritation caused by smoke, wind, sunlight, cold temperatures, wearing contact lenses, or swimming or reading for too long.
Rohto's Eye Medicine contains the active ingredient tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05%, as well as benzalkonium chloride as a preservative.
Tetrahydrozoline HCl is a decongestant. This drug works by temporarily shrinking the size of the blood vessels in the eye, so that the red eye subsides.
Just like Rohto's Eye Medicine, Rohto Cool is useful for treating red eyes due to mild irritation.
Rohto Cool contains the active ingredient naphazoline HCl 0.012% as a decongestant to relieve red eyes, benzalkonium chloride as a preservative, and I-menthol as a cooling agent. The I-menthol content in Rohto Cool can provide a cool sensation that refreshes the eyes.
2. Rohto Eye Drops for Dry Eyes
Rohto Dryfresh is useful for treating dry eyes and preventing irritation due to lack of tear production. In addition, these eye drops can also be used to lubricate false eyes.
Every ml of Rohto Dryfresh contains 3 mg of Hypromellose and menthol. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hypromellose) is an artificial tear that can lubricate and moisturize the eye.
3. Rohto Eye Drops for Red Eyes and Dry Eyes
Rohto V-Extra is useful for relieving red eyes due to mild irritation, reducing dry eye complaints, and being a protection against further irritation.
Rohto V-Extra contains tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05%, macrogol 400 1.0%, boric acid, sodium borate, disodium EDTA, chlorobutanol, potassium L-aspartate, polysorbate 80, borneol, benzalkonium chloride, pyridoxine HCl (vitamin B6), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), and L-menthol.
Tetrahydrozoline HCl is a decongestant that works by reducing the size of blood vessels in the eye, so that red eyes subside. Meanwhile, macrogol 400 (PEG-400) is a synthetic eye lubricant that works by lubricating and moisturizing the eyes.
4. Rohto Eyewash
Rohto Eye Flush
Rohto Eye Flush is useful for cleaning, cooling, and refreshing tired eyes. This eyewash is also used to relieve minor irritation from exposure to dust or smoke, or eye fatigue from activities that require eye focus, such as driving a vehicle.
Rohto Eye Flush contains distilled witch hazel 13% (v/v), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), benzalkonium chloride, purified water, L-menthol, disodium EDTA, polysorbate 80, boric acid, and sodium borate.
5. Rohto Contact Lens Lubricants
Rohto C Cube
Rohto C Cube is useful for relieving dry eyes, irritation, and discomfort when using various types of contact lenses, such as soft, hard, disposable, or rigid gas permeable (RGB) contact lenses.
These eye drops can be used directly when using contact lenses, without having to remove the contact lenses first.
Each ml of Rohto C Cube contains hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) 0.07. Hydroxyethylcellulose is an artificial tear. Hydroxyethylcellulose works by lubricating and moisturizing the eyes.
What is Rohto
|Class||Rohto eye drops products: unlimited over-the-counter medicines Rohto Eye Flush and Rohto C Cube: over-the-counter medicines|
|Categories||Dry eye medicine, red eye medicine, eye wash, or contact lens lubricant|
|Benefits||Remedy red eyes and dry eyes|
|Used by||Adults and children|
|Rohto for pregnant and lactating mothers||Rohto Dryfresh, Rohto Eye Flush, or Rohto C Cube
Category N: Not yet categorized. However, the ingredients in Rohto Dryfresh, Rohto Eye Flush, or Rohto C Cube tend to be safe for use by pregnant and lactating women.Rohto Cool, Rohto Eye Medicine, and Rohto V-Extra
Category C:Studies in animal experiments have shown adverse effects of tetrahydrazoline or naphazoline on the fetus. However, there have been no controlled studies in pregnant women. The drug should only be used if the expected benefit outweighs the risk to the fetus. It is not known whether tetrahydrazoline or naphazoline is absorbed into breast milk or not. If you are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about using this product.
|Medicine form||Eye drops, eyewash or contact lens lubricant|
Warning Before using Rohto Eye Care
Pay attention to the following points before using Rohto Eye Care:
- Do not use Rohto products if you are allergic to the ingredients contained in this product.
- Consult your doctor first if you want to give Rohto Eye Care to children under 6 years old.
- Do not use Rohto Eye Medicine, Rohto Cool, Rohto V-Extra, or Rohto Eye Flush when you are using contact lenses, especially soft contact lenses. Contact lenses can be reused 15 minutes after using the Rohto product.
- Do not give Rohto, Rohto Cool, Rohto V-Extra Eye Medicines to children without consulting a doctor first.
- Do not use Rohto Eye, Rohto Cool, Rohto V-Extra, or Rohto Eye Flush in a long term and excessively, unless advised by a doctor, because these products contain benzalkonium chloride.
- Consult your doctor about using Rohto Eye, Rohto Cool, or Rohto V-Extra if you have glaucoma, diabetes, heart disease, chest pain, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, or difficulty urinating.
- Consult your doctor about using Rohto Eye Care products if you are using contact lenses, certain medications, supplements, or herbal products, including eye drops, eye washes, or other contact lens lubricants. This is done to prevent interactions between drugs and products.
- Consult your doctor about using Rohto Eye Care products if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Do not immediately drive a vehicle or do activities that require alertness after using Rohto Eye Care products, because these products can cause blurred vision for some time after using them.
- Go to the doctor immediately if an allergic reaction occurs after using Rohto Eye Care products.
Dosage and Rules for Using Rohto Eye Care
The following are general dosages of Rohto based on the intended use and product variants:
Goal: Overcoming red eyes due to irritation
Rohto Eye Medicine
1–2 drops in the affected eye or both eyes, 2-3 times a day.
1–2 drops in the affected eye or both eyes, 3-4 times a day.
Goal: Overcoming dry eyes
1–2 drops in each eye, 3 times a day.
Goal: Overcoming irritated red eyes and dry eyes
1–2 drops in each eye, 3-4 times a day.
Goal: Eye wash
Soak each eye in the eye bath for 30 seconds. Be sure to rinse and replace the contents of the eye bath container with new Rohto Eyeflush before using it on a different eye.
Purpose: Relieve discomfort in the eyes caused by wearing contact lenses
Rohto C Cube
1–2 drops in each eye, 5–6 times a day. You can put the Rohto C Cube directly into the eye that is wearing any type of contact lens.
How to Use Rohto Eye Care Correctly
Read the instructions for use listed on the Rohto package or follow the doctor's advice. If you use contact lenses, be sure to remove them first before using Rohto Eye, Rohto Cool, Rohto V-Extra, Rohto EyeFlush, or Rohto Dryfresh.
Wash your hands before using Rohto Eye Care products. If you are going to use Rohto's eye drops, tilt your head and pull the lower eyelid to form a bag. Drop Rohto's eye drops, then close your eyes for 1-2 minutes.
Rohto eye drops and Rohto Eye Flush contain benzalkonium chloride, so they are not recommended for long-term and excessive use.If your complaints subside, stop using this product. If the complaints you experience do not subside within 3 days, do an examination to the doctor.
Make sure the tip of the eye drop bottle is not touching the surface of the eye, fingers, or other objects to avoid contamination. Also, you should only use Rohto Eye Care for yourself and don't share it with others.
Don't use Rohto's eye drops if the liquid inside is cloudy or discolored.
If you need to use other ointments or eye drops, apply them at least 5 minutes after using Rohto's eye drops.
If you are going to use the Rohto C Cube, there is no need to remove the contact lenses first. This product is useful for lubricating eyes that are wearing contact lenses.
If you are going to use Rohto Eye Flush, be sure to rinse the eye bath container first with Rohto Eye Flush. After that, pour the Rohto Eye Flush until it reaches the line on the eye bath container.
Next, soak your eyes in the liquid for 30 seconds while blinking. Soak the other eye in an eye bath container that has been rinsed and refilled with Rohto Eye Flush.
After using Rohto Eye Flush, close your eyes for a while and wipe off any remaining liquid around your eyes. Discard the used liquid and rinse the eye bath container with Rohto Eye Flush to return to sterility. Put the Rohto Eye Flush again in the package.
Interaction of Rohto Eye Care with Other Drugs
The content of tetrahydrozoline HCl in Rohto Eye Medicine and Rohto V-Extra or naphazoline HCl in Rohto Cool can cause drug interactions if used with certain drugs, such as:
- High blood pressure elevation when used with ergotamine or dihydroergotamine
- Increased heart rate, blood pressure, or risk of arrhythmias when used with albuterol, guanethidine, or MAOI drugs, such as isocarboxazid, selegiline, or phenelzine
Side Effects and Dangers of Rohto Eye Care
Rohto Eye Care products rarely cause side effects. However, the content of tetrahydrozoline HCl and naphazoline HCl in Rohto, Rohto V-Extra, and Rohto Cool Eye Medicines can sometimes cause side effects in the form of:
- Red eyes
- Stinging in the eye (mild)
- Glare when you see the light
- Temporary blurry vision
Rohto Dryfresh contains hypromellose, while Rohto C Cube contains hydroxyethylcellulose. These two ingredients can sometimes cause side effects in the form of:
- Red eyes
- Eyes feel a little hot
- Blurred vision for the first time when using it for the first time
Contact your doctor if the above side effects do not subside or get worse. Immediately stop using eye drops containing naphazoline HCl or tetrahydrozoline HCl and consult a doctor if you experience serious side effects, such as:
- Eye pain
- Eyes getting red or still burning and burning
- Itchy eyes
- The inside of the eye or the area around the eye is swollen
- The body shakes (tremors), sweats, or feels weak
- Heart palpitations, fast heart beat (tachycardia), or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
Immediately stop using eye drops containing hypromellose or hydroxyethylcellulose and consult a doctor if you experience serious side effects, such as:
- Eye pain
- Eyes stay red or irritated
- Changes in vision
You also need to see a doctor immediately if you experience a severe drug allergic reaction after using any type of Rohto product.This condition can be characterized by the appearance of a rash around the eye area, swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, feeling very dizzy, or difficulty breathing.