Table of contents:
- Cefditoren is an antibiotic drug used to treat diseases caused by bacterial infections, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, skin infections, and pneumonia (pneumonia). This medicine can only be obtained with a doctor's prescription
- What is Cefditoren?
- Warning Before Consuming Cefditoren:
- Dosage and Instructions for Use of Cefditoren
- How to Consume Cefditoren Correctly
- Interaction of Cefditoren with Drugs and Other Ingredients
- Side Effects and Dangers of Cefditoren
2023 Author: Autumn Gilbert | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 07:39
Cefditoren is an antibiotic drug used to treat diseases caused by bacterial infections, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, skin infections, and pneumonia (pneumonia). This medicine can only be obtained with a doctor's prescription
Cefditoren is a cephalosporin class of antibiotics. This drug works by fighting and stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria in the body. Therefore, this medicine should only be used to treat bacterial infections, and cannot treat viral infections, such as colds and flu.
Cefditoren trademark: Meiact 200, Meiact MS Fine Granules 10%
What is Cefditoren?
|Benefits||Coping with bacterial infections|
|Used by||Adults and children|
|Cefditoren for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category B: Animal studies have not shown any risk to the fetus, but there have been no controlled studies in pregnant women.
Cefditoren is not known to be absorbed into breast milk or not. If you are breastfeeding, do not use this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
Warning Before Consuming Cefditoren:
- Do not take cefditoren if you have a history of allergies to this drug or other cephalosporin antibiotics or penicillins.
- Do not take cefditoren if you have a milk allergy, low carnitine levels, and inherited metabolic disorders.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of kidney disease, liver disease, seizures, indigestion (eg colitis), decreased muscle mass, or poor nutrition.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking cefditoren before immunizing/vaccinating. This medicine may cause a decrease in the effectiveness of vaccines, especially vaccines that use live bacteria.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking cefditoren before any medical procedures and medical tests. This drug may affect test results and cause test results to be incorrect.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal medicines and supplements.
- Immediately check with a doctor if you experience diarrhea after taking cefditoren. Although rare, in some people, the use of cefditoren, can cause serious diarrhea due to Clostridium difficile infection that can be life-threatening.
- See a doctor immediately if there is an allergic reaction to the drug or an overdose after taking cefditoren.
Dosage and Instructions for Use of Cefditoren
The dose of cefditoren is determined based on the condition being treated, as well as the patient's age and response to the drug. The following is a commonly given dose division:
Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
Adults and children aged 12 years: 400 mg, 2 times a day for 10 days
Adults and children aged 12 years: 400 mg, 2 times a day for 14 days
Adults and children aged 12 years: 200 mg, 2 times a day for 10 days
Adults and children aged 12 years: 200 mg, 2 times a day for 10 days
Skin or soft tissue infections
Adult children aged 12 years: 200 mg, 2 times a day for 10 days
- For children under 12 years of age, the dosage must be determined by the individual doctor.
How to Consume Cefditoren Correctly
Follow the doctor's advice in taking cefditoren and read the instructions for using the drug before taking it. Do not change the dose or duration of use of the drug without consulting your doctor first.
Consumption of cefditoren that is given until it runs out even though the symptoms have subsided. Do not stop using the drug suddenly because it can cause a recurrence of the infection and make the bacteria in the body stronger against cefditoren.
Drink cefditoren with food so that the drug absorption process can occur optimally. It is recommended to give the same time lag between each consumption schedule in order to get the maximum effect.
In order not to forget, you should take cefditoren at the same time every day. If you forget to take cefditoren, do so immediately if the break with the next schedule is not too close. If it's close, ignore it and don't double the dose.
Keep cefditoren in a closed place at room temperature. Avoid direct sunlight, heat, humidity, and keep out of reach of children.
Interaction of Cefditoren with Drugs and Other Ingredients
Cefditoren can cause a number of interactions when used together with other drugs, including:
- Decrease in the effectiveness of contraceptives, including birth control pills or spiral contraception
- The effectiveness of cefditoren decreases when used with H2 antagonist drugs and antacids
- Reduced effectiveness of live vaccines, such as the BCG vaccine
- Increased risk of cefditoren side effects, if used with probenecid
Side Effects and Dangers of Cefditoren
The following are some of the side effects that often arise from taking cefditoren:
- stomach pain
- Dyspepsia or heartburn
- Vaginal discharge
The use of cefditoren can also increase the risk of a decrease in the number of white blood cells (leukopenia), intestinal inflammation, such as pseudomembranous colitis, an increase in the number of platelets (thrombocytosis), and diarrhea due to Clostridium difficile. Check with the doctor if these side effects appear and do not subside.
In addition, you are also advised to go to the doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction to the drug which can be characterized by the appearance of a swollen and itchy skin rash, swelling of the eyelids and lips, and difficulty breathing.
Men's strong medicine can be a solution for those of you who have sexual arousal disorders. However, also pay attention to the safety and side effects of male tonic before you use it Erectile dysfunction or erectile dysfunction is one of the causes of decreased male sexual performance.
Although it has been widely used to treat COVID-19, there are a number of dangers and side effects of favipiravir for pregnant women and fetuses. Therefore, this drug is not recommended for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant Favipiravir is an antiviral drug developed in Japan.
Almost all types of vaccines are at risk of side effects, including the Sinovac vaccine. Side effects of the Sinovac vaccine can include fever and pain, swelling, and redness at the injection site. However, these side effects are generally harmless and go away on their own Just like other COVID-19 vaccines, the side effects of the Sinovac vaccine that often appear are usually mild.
Blood thinners are medicines that are used to thin or improve blood flow throughout the body. In addition, blood thinners can also prevent the formation of blood clots which are the culprits for the emergence of various serious diseases, such as stroke and coronary heart disease Blood thinners are generally needed by people with certain medical conditions, such as coronary heart disease, blood vessel disease, heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation, heart valve rep
AstraZeneca vaccine or AZD1222 is a vaccine to prevent COVID-19 disease. This vaccine is the result of a collaboration between the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca which was developed since February 2020 AstraZeneca's vaccine for COVID-19 is undergoing clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa.