Table of contents:
- What is Bayer Tonic
- Warning Before Consuming Bayer Tonic
- Dosage and Instructions for Use Bayer Tonic
- How to Take Bayer Tonic Correctly
- Interaction of Bayer Tonic with Other Drugs
- Bayer Tonic Side Effects and Hazards
The Bayer Tonic is useful for meeting the needs of multivitamins and minerals during pregnancy, menstruation, growth period, and in old age, as well as to maintain a he althy body.
Tonikum Bayer contains vitamin B complex, vitamin C, iron, manganese, calcium, and zinc. In addition to the above benefits, this supplement can also help the formation of red blood cells in the body to treat anemia due to iron deficiency.
Bayer Tonic is available in two types of packaging, namely 100 ml and 330 ml packages.
What is Bayer Tonic
|Categories||Vitamin and mineral supplements|
|Active ingredients||Each 15 ml contains vitamin B1 15 mg, vitamin B2 2.25 mg, vitamin B3 22.5 mg, vitamin B6 3 mg, vitamin B12 15 mcg, vitamin C 150 mg, ferrous gluconate 20 mg, calcium gluconate 100 mg, manganese sulfate 2 mg, zinc sulfate 5 mg|
|Benefits||Helps meet the needs of vitamins and minerals and maintain he alth|
|Used by||Adults and children|
|Bayer tonic for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category N: Not categorized yet.
Tonic Bayer is safe for consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, you should discuss with your doctor about the benefits and risks of this supplement before taking it.
Warning Before Consuming Bayer Tonic
Although Bayer Tonic is categorized as an over-the-counter drug, this supplement should not be used carelessly. Before consuming Bayer Tonic, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- Do not take Bayer Tonic if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
- Do not take Bayer Tonic if you have hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis, or hemolytic anemia.
- Consult your doctor about using Bayer Tonic if you have or are currently suffering from kidney disease, kidney stones, liver disease, pancreatic disease, heart disease, thalassemia, stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis, sarcoidosis, and impaired absorption of nutrients, especially substances iron.
- Do not give Bayer Tonics to children under 1 year of age.
- Consult the use of Bayer Tonics with your doctor if you are taking any medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Consult the use of Bayer Tonics with your doctor if you are breastfeeding, or are planning a pregnancy.
- Go to the doctor immediately if an allergic reaction or overdose occurs after taking Bayer Tonic.
Dosage and Instructions for Use Bayer Tonic
The following are Bayer Tonic doses by age:
- Adults and pregnant women: 1 tablespoon (15 ml), 1 time a day.
- Children aged 6–12 years: tablespoon (7.5 ml) 1 time a day.
How to Take Bayer Tonic Correctly
Use Bayer Tonic as recommended by the doctor or the instructions for use listed on the medicine package. Do not increase or decrease the dose, unless advised by your doctor. Do not use this product if it has expired.
Tonic Bayer can be consumed before meals. Shake the supplement before taking it. Use the measuring spoon given by the doctor so that the dose is right. Take this supplement regularly to get the maximum benefit.
Store Bayer Tonic in a dry and cool place away from direct sunlight. Keep this supplement out of reach of children.
Interaction of Bayer Tonic with Other Drugs
Considering that Bayer Tonic contains calcium, vitamin C, and ferrous gluconate, the interaction effects that can occur if this supplement is taken together with certain drugs are:
- Calcium and ferrous gluconate can reduce the absorption of bisphosphonate drugs, tetracycline antibiotics, or quinolone antibiotics.
- Calcium can increase the risk of developing hypercalcemia when used with thiazide diuretics, vitamin D, or vitamin A.
- Calcium can increase the effectiveness and risk of side effects from digoxin and epinephrine.
- Calcium may increase the risk of deposits forming in the lungs and kidneys when used with ceftriaxone.
- Vitamin C can increase the risk of side effects from estrogen.
- Vitamin C may decrease the effectiveness of fluphenazine, a cancer drug, or indinavir.
- Vitamin C may decrease the effectiveness of warfarin in preventing blood clots.
Bayer Tonic Side Effects and Hazards
Although rare, the following side effects can occur after taking Bayer Tonic:
- No appetite
- stomach ache
- Stool is black
Do an examination to the doctor if these side effects do not go away. Immediately see a doctor if you experience an allergic reaction, such as an itchy and swollen rash, swollen eyes and lips, or difficulty breathing, after taking Bayer Tonic.