Table of contents:
- Bile acid sequestrant or bile acid binder is a group of drugs used to lower bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL). In Indonesia, this drug is available in the form of a powder suspension
- Warning Before Using Bile Acid Sequestrant
- Side Effects and Dangers of Bile Acid Sequestrant
- Types and Trademarks of Bile Acid Sequestrant
2023 Author: Autumn Gilbert | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 07:39
Bile acid sequestrant or bile acid binder is a group of drugs used to lower bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL). In Indonesia, this drug is available in the form of a powder suspension
Bile acid sequestrant works by binding bile acids in the intestines and excreting them with feces. Bile acids are fluids that are produced in the liver using cholesterol from the blood. This fluid is then excreted into the intestines to help the processing of food.
Normally, bile acids in the intestines can be absorbed into the bloodstream and carried to the liver for reuse. Due to reduced bile acids that can be absorbed in the intestine, the liver will convert more cholesterol into bile acids. That way, cholesterol levels in the blood can also be reduced.
Bile acid sequestrant is rarely used as a single drug to lower cholesterol. This is because this class of drugs can only reduce bad cholesterol levels by 10-25%. Therefore, bile acid sequestrants are usually combined with other cholesterol-lowering drugs, such as statins or niacin.
Warning Before Using Bile Acid Sequestrant
Follow the doctor's advice and advice while undergoing treatment with bile acid sequestrants or bile acid binders. Before using this medicine, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Tell your doctor about any allergies you have. Bile acid sequestrant should not be used by patients allergic to this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had blood-clotting disorders, constipation, difficulty swallowing, hemorrhoids, liver disease, high triglyceride levels, vitamin A, D, E or K deficiency, thyroid disorders, or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of stomach or intestinal surgery.
- Tell your doctor if you have phenylketonuria, as some bile acid sequestrant products may contain phenylalanine.
- This medicine should not be used in patients under 18 years of age.
- Do the control according to the schedule given by the doctor. You may need to have regular blood tests while using a bile acid sequestrant.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- See your doctor immediately if you have an allergic reaction, serious side effects, or overdose after using bile acid sequestrant.
Side Effects and Dangers of Bile Acid Sequestrant
Side effects of bile acid sequestrants or bile acid binders vary, depending on the type of medication. However, in general, there are several side effects that can occur after using bile acid sequestrant drugs, namely:
- stomach bloating
- No appetite
- Irritation of the tongue, skin, and the area around the anus
Check with the doctor if the above side effects appear. You should also see a doctor immediately if you have an allergic reaction to the drug or a more serious side effect occurs, such as:
- Severe Constipation
- severe stomach pain
- bloody pee
- Stool is black like asph alt or bloody stool
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
Types and Trademarks of Bile Acid Sequestrant
The following are the types of drugs that are included in the bile acid sequestrant group, along with their trademarks and dosages:
Drug form: Powder
Trademark: SequestTo find out the dosage and further information about this drug, please go to the cholestyramine drug page.
Drug form: Powder and tablet
Trademark: -To find out the dosage and for more information about the drug please go to the colestipol drug page.
Drug form: Powder and tablet
Trademark: -To find out the dosage and for more information about the drug this, please go to the colesevelam medicine page.
Men's strong medicine can be a solution for those of you who have sexual arousal disorders. However, also pay attention to the safety and side effects of male tonic before you use it Erectile dysfunction or erectile dysfunction is one of the causes of decreased male sexual performance.
Blood thinners are medicines that are used to thin or improve blood flow throughout the body. In addition, blood thinners can also prevent the formation of blood clots which are the culprits for the emergence of various serious diseases, such as stroke and coronary heart disease Blood thinners are generally needed by people with certain medical conditions, such as coronary heart disease, blood vessel disease, heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation, heart valve rep
Inflammation and infection of the bile can interfere with the digestive process, especially the digestion of fat. Not only that, if not treated immediately, this condition can also lead to a number of serious complications, such as gallbladder tear, peritonitis, to blood infection or sepsis The gallbladder is a small organ located on the right side of the abdomen, just below the liver.
Folic acid is known as one of the nutrients that are good for the body, especially for pregnant women. Although pregnant women need to get this vitamin intake, there are some side effects of folic acid that can appear if pregnant women consume it in excess Folic acid or vitamin B9 plays an important role in the production of red blood cells in the body.
AstraZeneca vaccine or AZD1222 is a vaccine to prevent COVID-19 disease. This vaccine is the result of a collaboration between the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca which was developed since February 2020 AstraZeneca's vaccine for COVID-19 is undergoing clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa.