Table of contents:
- Hydrotalcite is a drug to relieve symptoms of stomach ulcers, heartburn, stomach inflammation (gastritis), or stomach ulcers. This drug belongs to the antacid group
- What is Hydrotalcite
- Warning Before Taking Hydrotalcite
- Dosage and Instructions for Use of Hydrotalcite
- How to Take Hydrotalcite Correctly
- Hydrotalcite Interaction with Other Drugs
- Side Effects and Hazards of Hydrotalcite
2023 Author: Autumn Gilbert | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 07:39
Hydrotalcite is a drug to relieve symptoms of stomach ulcers, heartburn, stomach inflammation (gastritis), or stomach ulcers. This drug belongs to the antacid group
Hydrotalcite is also known as aluminum magnesium carbonate hydroxide hydrate. Hydrotalcite works by lowering the acidity level in the stomach. That way, symptoms such as heartburn and heartburn can subside. Please note, this drug can not reduce the production of stomach acid.
Trademark of hydrotalcite: Promag
What is Hydrotalcite
|Benefits||Relieves symptoms of dyspepsia or stomach ulcers|
|Consumed by||Children from 6 years old to adults|
|Hydrotalcite for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category N: Not categorized yet.
The hydrotalcite content can be absorbed into breast milk. If you are breastfeeding, do not take this medicine before consulting your doctor.
|Medicine form||Chewable tablets and liquid suspension|
Warning Before Taking Hydrotalcite
Although sold freely, hydrotalcite should not be used carelessly. Before taking this drug, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- Tell your doctor about any allergies you have. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to hydrotalcite.
- Tell your doctor if you have diarrhea, constipation, intestinal obstruction, liver disease, gastrointestinal bleeding, or kidney disease, including kidney stones.
- Some suspension hydrotalcite products may contain aspartame, tell your doctor if you have phenylketonuria.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- See your doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction to the drug, serious side effects, or an overdose after taking hydrotalcite.
Dosage and Instructions for Use of Hydrotalcite
In general, the following dosages of hydrotalcite to treat dyspepsia or stomach ulcers are according to age and the dosage form of the drug:
- Children aged >12 years and adults: For a suspension containing 500 mg hydrotalcite/5 ml, the dosage is 10 ml, taken between meals and before bedtime.
- Children aged 6–12 years: For a suspension containing 500 mg hydrotalcite/5 ml, the dose is 5 ml taken between meals and before bedtime.
- Adult: 1–2 tablets, 3-4 times a day.
How to Take Hydrotalcite Correctly
Consumption of hydrotalcite according to the doctor's recommendations or the instructions for use contained in the package. Hydrotalcite chewable tablets need to be chewed first and taken with a glass of water, while hydrotalcite in the form of a liquid suspension needs to be shaken before consumption.
If you need to take other drugs, take them 1-4 hours after taking hydrotalcite. Hydrotalcite is usually taken when symptoms develop, after meals, or before bed. Make sure to stay in an upright position for 1-2 hours after taking the medicine.
Hydrotalcite can generally be consumed within a maximum period of 2 weeks. If your condition does not improve, consult a doctor immediately.
If you forget to take hydrotalcite, take it immediately if the interval between the next consumption time is not too close. When it's close, ignore it and don't double the dose.
Store hydrotalcite at room temperature in a dry and cool place. Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Hydrotalcite Interaction with Other Drugs
The following are some of the effects of drug interactions that can occur if hydrotalcite is used with certain drugs:
- Decreased absorption and effectiveness of tetracycline, quinolone, or iron class of antibiotics
- Increased levels of magnesium in the blood (hypermagnesemia) especially in patients with impaired kidney function when used with vitamin D3
- Increased risk of heart rhythm disturbances when used with albuterol
Side Effects and Hazards of Hydrotalcite
The following are side effects that can occur after using hydrotalcite:
Consult a doctor if the side effects mentioned above do not subside or are getting worse. See a doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction to a drug or a more serious side effect, such as:
- Stool is black
- stomach ache
- slow breath or short breath
- Mood swings and mental state changes
- Pain when urinating
- Vomit that is the color of coffee grounds
- Symptoms of low phosphate levels, which are characterized by loss of appetite, excessive fatigue, or muscle weakness
- Slow or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
Men's strong medicine can be a solution for those of you who have sexual arousal disorders. However, also pay attention to the safety and side effects of male tonic before you use it Erectile dysfunction or erectile dysfunction is one of the causes of decreased male sexual performance.
Although it has been widely used to treat COVID-19, there are a number of dangers and side effects of favipiravir for pregnant women and fetuses. Therefore, this drug is not recommended for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant Favipiravir is an antiviral drug developed in Japan.
Almost all types of vaccines are at risk of side effects, including the Sinovac vaccine. Side effects of the Sinovac vaccine can include fever and pain, swelling, and redness at the injection site. However, these side effects are generally harmless and go away on their own Just like other COVID-19 vaccines, the side effects of the Sinovac vaccine that often appear are usually mild.
Blood thinners are medicines that are used to thin or improve blood flow throughout the body. In addition, blood thinners can also prevent the formation of blood clots which are the culprits for the emergence of various serious diseases, such as stroke and coronary heart disease Blood thinners are generally needed by people with certain medical conditions, such as coronary heart disease, blood vessel disease, heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation, heart valve rep
AstraZeneca vaccine or AZD1222 is a vaccine to prevent COVID-19 disease. This vaccine is the result of a collaboration between the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca which was developed since February 2020 AstraZeneca's vaccine for COVID-19 is undergoing clinical trials in the UK, Brazil and South Africa.