Table of contents:
- What is Azilsartan Medoxomil
- Warning Before Taking Azilsartan Medoxomil
- Dosage and Rules for Use of Azilsartan Medoxomil
- How to Use Azilsartan Medoxomil Correctly
- Interaction of Azilsartan Medoxomil with Other Drugs
- Side Effects and Dangers of Azilsartan Medoxomil
Azilsartan medoxomil is a drug to lower blood pressure in hypertension. Controlled blood pressure can reduce the risk of complications, such as stroke, heart failure, heart attack, or impaired kidney function
Azilsartan medoxomil belongs to the class of angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) drugs. This drug works by blocking the binding of angiotensin II to its receptors, so that previously narrowed blood vessels can widen. That way, blood flow can be smoother and blood pressure can decrease.
In order for treatment to be more effective and blood pressure to be more controlled, the use of azilsartan medoxomil needs to be balanced with a he althy lifestyle, such as exercising regularly, following a low-s alt and fat diet, and not smoking.
Trademark azilsartan medoxomil: Azilsartan Medoxomil
What is Azilsartan Medoxomil
|Categories||Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs)|
|Azilsartan medoxomil for pregnant and lactating women||Category D: There is positive evidence of risks to the human fetus, but the benefits may outweigh the risks, for example in dealing with life-threatening situations.
Azilsartan medoxomil is not known to be absorbed into breast milk or not. If you are breastfeeding, do not use this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
Warning Before Taking Azilsartan Medoxomil
Azilsartan medoxomil should only be consumed according to a doctor's prescription. Before you take azilsartan medoxomil, pay attention to the following things:
- Tell your doctor about any allergies you have. Azilsartan medoxomil should not be given to patients who are allergic to this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you are being treated with alisicren. Azilsartan medoxomil should not be used with this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you have or are currently suffering from dehydration, diabetes, kidney disease, congestive heart failure, or electrolyte disturbances, such as hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy. Use effective contraception to prevent pregnancy during treatment with medoxomil azilsartan.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you are on a low-s alt diet.
- Do not drive a vehicle or do activities that require alertness, while taking medoxamil azilsartan, because this drug can cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor that you are taking azilsartan medoxomil if you plan to have surgery, including dental surgery.
- See your doctor right away if you experience an allergic reaction to the drug, serious side effects, or an overdose after taking azilsartan medoxomil.
Dosage and Rules for Use of Azilsartan Medoxomil
The dose of azilsartan medoxomil given by the doctor can be different for each patient. In general, to treat hypertension in adults, the dose can be started with 40 mg, 1 time a day. The dose can be increased to 80 mg, once a day.
How to Use Azilsartan Medoxomil Correctly
Follow the doctor's advice and read the instructions on the medicine package before taking azilsartan medoxomil. Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting your doctor.
Take medoxomil azilsartan regularly at the same time every day for maximum treatment effect. Azilsartan medoxomil can be taken before or after meals.
If you forget to take azilsartan medoxomil, take it immediately if the break with the next consumption schedule is not too close. If it's close, ignore it and don't double the dose.
One of the side effects of azilsartan medoxomil is dizziness. Therefore, do not be in a hurry to stand up after you have taken azilsartan medoxomil.
To help control blood pressure, in addition to taking blood pressure-lowering drugs, you are also recommended to exercise regularly, limit s alt consumption, and maintain an ideal body weight.
Store Azilsartan Medoxomil in its packaging in a dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Interaction of Azilsartan Medoxomil with Other Drugs
There are several drug interactions that can occur when azilsartan medoxomil is used with certain drugs, for example:
- Increased risk of side effects, such as hypotension, kidney damage, or hyperkalemia, if used with aliskiren or ACE inhibitors, such as captopril, enalapril, or lisinopril
- Increased risk of lithium poisoning
- Increased risk of hyperkalemia when used with potassium phosphate
Side Effects and Dangers of Azilsartan Medoxomil
Some of the side effects that can occur after taking azilsartan medoxomil are:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
Consult a doctor if the side effects mentioned above do not subside or get worse. See a doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction to a drug or serious side effect, such as:
- muscle spasm
- muscles feel weak
- Dizziness so heavy that you feel like passing out
- Irregular or slow heartbeat
- Swelling in the feet or hands
- Pain or difficulty urinating, or passing very little urine