Table of contents:
- Sangobion Products
- What is Sangobion
- Warning Before Consuming Sangobion
- Dosage and Rules for Using Sangobion
- How to Eat Sangobion Correctly
- Interaction of Sangobion with Other Drugs
- Side Effects and Dangers of Sangobion
Sangobion is a supplement to treat anemia or anemia. This blood-boosting supplement product is available in the form of capsules, syrup, and effervescent tablets
Sangobion contains iron. One of the most common causes of anemia is a lack of iron in the body. Iron is needed for the formation of red blood cells. When iron needs are met, iron deficiency anemia can be resolved.
In addition to iron, Sangobion products also contain other vitamins and minerals, such as copper sulfate, vitamin C, folic acid, and vitamin B12.
The following are Sangobion product variants as iron supplements:
1. Sangobion Capsule
Each capsule of Sangobion Capsules contains 259 mg of ferrous gluconate type iron (equivalent to 30 mg of elemental iron).
2. Sangobion Vita-Tonic
Sangobion Vita-Tonic in syrup form with cranberry flavor. Each 15 ml of Sangobion Vita-Tonic contains 113 mg of ferrazone type iron (equivalent to 15 mg of elemental iron).
3. Sangobion Fizz
Sangobion Fizz is a Sangobion product with an effervescent shape and cranberry flavor. Each Sangobion Fizz tablet contains 215 mg of ferrazone type iron (which is equivalent to 28 mg of elemental iron), 4 mg of zinc sulfate, 100 mg of magnesium sulfate, 70 mg of vitamin C, 0.97 mg of vitamin B1, 1.1 mg of vitamin B2, 1, 2 mg vitamin B6, 2 mcg vitamin B12, 200 mcg folic acid, 14 mg vitamin B3, 6 mg vitamin B5, and 150 mcg biotin.
4. Sangobion Baby
Sangobion Baby is in syrup form and is given by dripping. This product is intended for children aged 0–2 years. Each 1 ml of Sangobion Baby contains 36.8 mg of iron type iron polym altose complex (equivalent to 12.5 mg of elemental iron) and 50 mcg of folic acid.
5. Sangobion Kids
Sangobion Kids is also in syrup form, which is intended for children aged 2–12 years. Each 5 ml of Sangobion Kids contains 113 ferrazone (equivalent to 15 mg of elemental iron), 0.6 mg of vitamin B1, 1 mg of vitamin B2, 1.2 mg of vitamin B6, 15 mg of vitamin B3, 0.3 mg of vitamin B7.
In addition to the five Sangobion products above, Sangobion also has two herbal products that do not contain iron. The two products are Sangobion Menstrupain which is used to relieve menstrual pain, and Sangobion Fit which is used to maintain stamina.
What is Sangobion
|Benefits||Overcoming iron deficiency anemia|
|Consumed by||Adults and children|
|Sangobion for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category A: Controlled studies in pregnant women have not shown any risk to the fetus, and there is little chance of harm to the fetus.
Pregnant women need to consume iron during pregnancy. Ask your obstetrician if Sangobion is an appropriate iron supplement during pregnancy.
This supplement can be absorbed into breast milk, but the iron content in breast milk is not affected by iron levels in the mother's body.
|Medicine form||Capsules, syrups and effervescent tablets|
Warning Before Consuming Sangobion
Before consuming Sangobion, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- Do not take Sangobion if you are allergic to the ingredients of this product. If in doubt, consult your doctor first.
- In addition to Sangobion Kids and Sangobion Baby, other Sangobion products should not be consumed by children, especially those under 6 years old, because of the risk of causing iron poisoning.
- Sangobion is not recommended for people with hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis, hemolytic anemia, or people who receive repeated blood transfusions, such as thalassemia sufferers.
- Consult the use of Sangobion with your doctor if you have or are currently suffering from liver disease, ulcerative colitis, or peptic ulcers.
- Consult your doctor about using Sangobion if you suffer from alcoholism.
- Consult your doctor if you have or are currently deficient in vitamin B12, because the folic acid content in Sangobion can affect the results of the examination of vitamin B12 levels in the blood.
- Sangobion syrup or effervescent products may contain added sugar or artificial sweeteners in them. Therefore, diabetics need to be careful in using this supplement.
- Consult your doctor about using Sangobion if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor about using Sangobion if you are currently taking certain medications, supplements, or herbal products.
- See your doctor immediately if you have an allergic reaction, serious side effects, or overdose after taking Sangobion.
Dosage and Rules for Using Sangobion
The dosage for using Sangobion depends on the product variant. The following is the dosage of using Sangobion as a blood enhancing supplement:
Adults: 1 capsule, once a day.
Adult: 30 ml or equivalent to 2 measuring spoons, once a day.
Adult: 1 tablet, once a day.
Children under 6 months of age the dose will be determined directly by the doctor. Children aged 6–12 months the dose is 0.8 ml, once a day. Children aged 1-2 years the dose is 1 ml, once a day.
Children aged 2-5 years the dose is 2.5 ml or the equivalent of measuring spoon, once a day. Meanwhile, for children aged 6-12 years, the dose is 5 ml or the equivalent of 1 measuring spoon, once a day.
How to Eat Sangobion Correctly
Before consuming Sangobion, read the instructions for use listed on the product packaging. If you have doubts or have certain he alth problems, discuss with your doctor about the dosage, product options, and how to use according to your condition.
Consumption of Sangobion according to the recommended dose. Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting your doctor first.
Sangobion should be consumed on an empty stomach, for example 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. However, if you have experienced stomach problems, you can take it with food.
Swallow Sangobion capsules with the help of a glass of water and do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking the capsules.
For Sangobion in syrup form, use the measuring spoon provided in the package for a more precise dose. Shake the bottle first before consuming Sangobion.
If you take Sangobion in the form of effervescent tablets, you can dissolve it in 200 cc of water and serve it with cold water. Once the tablet dissolves, make sure you take it immediately.
Avoid taking antacid drugs, milk, tea, or coffee for 2 hours before or after taking Sangobion, because they can reduce the effectiveness of Sangobion.
Vitamin and mineral supplements are consumed to complement the body's need for vitamins and minerals, especially when the intake of vitamins and minerals from food cannot meet the body's needs.
Store Sangobion at room temperature and avoid direct sunlight. Keep this supplement out of reach of children.
Interaction of Sangobion with Other Drugs
The content of iron in the form of ferrous gluconate can cause an interaction effect when used with other drugs. Some drug interactions that can occur are:
- Impaired absorption and decreased effectiveness of levodopa, levothyroxine, levodopa, ciprofrofloxacin, bisphosphonates, cefdinir, or tetracycline antibiotics
- Decreased absorption of iron when used with antacids
Side Effects and Dangers of Sangobion
The following are some of the side effects that may occur after consuming Sangobion:
- Stool is black
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach cramps or stomach ache
In general, these side effects are temporary and will disappear once the body adjusts to the content of the supplement.
Do an examination to the doctor if the side effects above do not subside or are actually getting worse. You should also see a doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction to drugs after using Sangobion.