Table of contents:
- What is Neurobion
- Types and Content of Neurobion
- Warning Before Using Neurobion
- Dosage and Instructions for Use of Neurobion
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate for Neurobion
- How to Use Neurobion Correctly
- Interaction of Neurobion with Other Drugs
- Side Effects and Dangers of Neurobion
Neurobion is a supplement that is useful for maintaining a he althy nervous system. Neurobion is a multivitamin supplement that contains vitamins B1, B6, and B12. This supplement is available in tablet and injection form
In addition to maintaining he althy nerves, vitamins B1, B6, and B12 are also useful for overcoming vitamin B deficiency, helping processing energy from food, and helping the production of red blood cells.
Vitamin B supplements are given to people with vitamin B deficiency who can't get enough of this vitamin from food. Some conditions that can occur due to vitamin B deficiency are beriberi, Wernicke's disease, and pellagra.
What is Neurobion
|Active ingredients||Vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12|
|Class||OTC and prescription drugs|
|Benefits||Overcoming vitamin B deficiency, maintaining a he althy nervous system|
|Neurobion for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category N: Not categorized yet.
Vitamin B complex supplements can be absorbed into breast milk. Talk to your doctor about taking Neurobion while breastfeeding. Vitamin B6 intake above 600 mg per day can inhibit breast milk production.
|Medicine form||Tablets and injections|
Types and Content of Neurobion
Neurobion is packaged in tablets and injections. Neurobion products available in Indonesia are:
Each tablet contains 100 mg vitamin B1, 100 mg vitamin B6, and 0.2 mg vitamin B12.
Each 1 tablet of Neurobion Forte contains 100 mg of vitamin B1, 100 mg of vitamin B6, and 5 mg of vitamin B12.
Neurobion 5000 injection
This product can only be given by a doctor, or by medical personnel under the supervision of a doctor.This supplement consists of 2 ampoules that are injected into the muscle. Ampoule 1 contains 100 mg of vitamin B1 and 100 mg of vitamin B6, while ampoule 2 contains 5 mg of vitamin B12.
Warning Before Using Neurobion
There are several things you should pay attention to before using Neurobion supplements, including:
- Do not use Neurobion if you are allergic to the ingredients contained in this supplement.
- Neurobion 5000 injection should only be given directly by a doctor or medical officer under the supervision of a doctor.
- Neurobion contains vitamin B12, consult your doctor about using this product if you suffer from iron or folic acid deficiency, kidney disease, liver disease, infectious disease, or eye disease.
- Consult your doctor about taking Neurobion if you are taking other medicines, including herbal medicines and supplements.
- Consult your doctor about using Neurobion if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
- See your doctor immediately if you have an allergic reaction or overdose after taking Neurobion supplements.
Dosage and Instructions for Use of Neurobion
In general, the dosage for Neurobion and Neurobion Forte is 1 tablet, 1-3 times a day. This supplement can be taken with or after meals. The dose of Neurobion can be increased according to the doctor's instructions.
Neurobion 5000 injection will be given directly by a doctor or medical officer under the supervision of a doctor by injection through the muscle (intramuscular/IM), 1 time a day or 2-3 times per week.
Nutritional Adequacy Rate for Neurobion
Neurobion is a supplement that contains vitamins B1, B6, and B12. The daily nutritional adequacy rate (RDA) for B vitamins varies based on age, gender, and individual he alth conditions. The following is the daily RDA of vitamin B1:
- Male age 13 years: 1, 2 mg
- Female 13 years old: 1, 1 mg
- Pregnant woman: 1, 4 mg
- Breastfeeding mother: 1,5 mg
The following is the amount of vitamin B6 needed per day based on the RDA:
- Male 10–49 years old: 1, 3 mg
- Male age 50 years: 1,7 mg
- Female 18–49 years old: 1, 3 mg
- Female 50 years old: 1,5 mg
- Pregnant woman: 1, 9 mg
- Breastfeeding mother: 1, 9 mg
The following is the amount of vitamin B12 needed per day based on the RDA:
- Age 13 years: 0, 004 mg
- Pregnant woman: 0.0045 mg
- Breastfeeding mother: 0, 005 mg
How to Use Neurobion Correctly
Vitamin and mineral supplements are consumed to supplement vitamin and mineral intake, especially when nutritional intake from food is not sufficient. Keep in mind, supplements are only a complement, not a substitute for nutrients from food.
Neurobion injection will be given in a hospital or he alth facility by a doctor or medical officer under the supervision of a doctor. Neurobion tablets can be taken with or after meals.
Follow the doctor's advice and always read the instructions for use listed on the supplement packaging. Do not increase the dose or take Neurobion supplements too often to avoid side effects.
Store Neurobion in a place away from direct sunlight. Keep supplements out of reach of children.
Interaction of Neurobion with Other Drugs
The following are a number of interactions that can occur if Neurobion is taken with other drugs:
- Less effectiveness of the drug levodopa to treat Parkinson's disease
- Decreased efficacy of vitamin B6 in Neurobion when taken with isoniazid, penicillamine, or cycloserin
- Decreased levels of vitamin B6 in the blood if taken with loop diuretic drugs, such as furosemide
Side Effects and Dangers of Neurobion
If taken according to the recommended dosage, Neurobion supplements rarely cause side effects. However, if consumed in excess, Neurobion can cause side effects such as diarrhea, stomach pain, frequent urination, or nerve damage.
In addition, injectable neurobion can cause swelling, pain, or redness at the injection site. Check with your doctor if these side effects don't go away or get worse, also if you have an allergic reaction to drugs after using Neurobion.